[Image: AllThingsD ]
The holiday season is officially over and its time to get down to some srs bsns. We’re looking for someone awesome to head up our New Business activity.
With a string of viral hits and cutting edge work, we have achieved over 35 million organic views in the last couple of years and won 22 international awards, including a Cannes Gold Lion, Mashie, Lovie, Dadi, and lots of others ending in “i” or “ie”.
We like to make films that are funny, truthful, authentic, but above all, genuinely entertain their audience, ideally until they gasp, cry, wet their pants or have a really deep think. We work with brands, broadcasters and agencies.
We’re looking for someone remarkable, human and fun to join Rubber Republic as our Head of New Business. This is a senior role (ie you need to have a fair amount of initiative and be creative and bold in your approach) based in London (but working closely with our office in Bristol).
What we’re looking for:
Here’s a brief list of what the job entails:
- Managing our sales strategy.
- Setting and monitoring targets: Independently sourcing relevant and interesting brands and agencies and finding relevant contacts.
- Making friends with them over the phone and in person by presenting creds.
- Build genuine two-way relationships so Rubber Republic, and you, are front of mind when opportunities arise
- Attending meetings, industry events and networking opportunities.
- Create and maintain contact information on the above via our CRM system Nutshell.
- We’ll need you to work independently, without prodding, to get Rubber Republic in front of the most exciting opportunities.
- You’ll be working (with us) to an annual (rather than monthly) target and will need to work closely with us to balance short and long term pipeline to grow the business towards its vision.
These are the skills we imagine you will possess:
- A love of great creative work and a knowledge of the landscape of social video and content.
- A proven track record of consultative selling within a brand and agency environment.
- Digital fluency (particularly online video and seeding, although we can train you in the details :).
- Excellent phone manner and written English (hope that goes without saying)
- Charisma, charm and relentless enthusiasm to win.
- …combined almost impossibly with the ability to say, “no” to opportunities that aren’t suitable whilst keeping relationships happy.
- Ability to hit the ground running as a motivated self-starter. This is not for junior sales people (sorry about that, we do hire graduate and junior level people but this requires at least 3 years experience in a similar role)
What we’ll offer in return:
- Very competitive salary plus commission
- A fun environment that is creative, fast-moving and inspirational.
- The opportunity to work with some of the most dynamic brands & creative agencies in the industry. Too many to list but check our work on the website …we’ll be expecting a POV on that when we meet you.
- The opportunity to work with a great team who are exceptionally creatively driven, honest, straightforward (and fun!)
- Flexi-hours. This is targets driven not clock watching.
- Potential equity share for the right candidate. We’re ideally looking for a long term hire.
So if this floats your rubber dinghy, get in touch with a covering letter, CV or anything else you think will help here: firstname.lastname@example.org.