[Image: AllThingsD ]
The holiday season is officially over and we’re hiring.
I’m looking for someone remarkable, human and fun to join Rubber Republic as our Head of New Business. This is a senior role based in London (but working closely with our office in Bristol).
Rubber Republic are an award-winning online video studio who write, shoot and distribute film campaigns online. We’ve been behind some of the most talked about online video of the last few years. We strive to make films that are meaningfully irreverent, and have a history of working with brands, or as a specialist partner to agencies, to make films that resonate online. You’ll be selling an exceptional portfolio that has attracted over 40 million earned views in the last 3 years as well as winning a Cannes Gold Lion for online video, Mashie, Lovie, Campaign Media Awards and 20 other international creative and media awards.
What I need from you:
I need you to use your terrier-like nous to help us meet the right brands and agencies to create genuinely remarkable online video. Here’s a list of specifics:
- Managing our sales strategy.
- Setting and monitoring targets: Independently sourcing relevant and interesting brands and agencies and finding relevant contacts.
- Making friends with them over the phone and in person by presenting creds.
- Build genuine two-way relationships so Rubber Republic, and you, are front of mind when opportunities arise
- Attending meetings, industry events and networking opportunities.
- Create and maintain contact information on the above via our CRM system Nutshell.
- We’ll need you to work independently, without prodding, to get Rubber Republic in front of the most exciting opportunities.
- You’ll be working (with us) to an annual (rather than monthly) target and will need to work closely with us to balance short and long term pipeline to grow the business towards its vision.
I’m imagining you will have:
- A love of great creative work and a knowledge of the landscape of social video and content.
- A proven track record of consultative selling within a brand and agency environment.
- Digital fluency (particularly online video and seeding, although we can train you in the details :).
- Excellent phone manner and written English (hope that goes without saying)
- Charisma, charm and relentless enthusiasm to win.
- …combined almost impossibly with the ability to say, “no” to opportunities that aren’t suitable whilst keeping relationships happy.
- Ability to hit the ground running as a motivated self-starter. This is not for junior sales people (sorry about that, we do hire graduate and junior level people but this requires at least 3 years experience in a similar role)
What we’ll offer in return:
- Very competitive salary plus commission
- A fun environment that is creative, fast-moving and inspirational.
- The opportunity to work with some of the most dynamic brands & creative agencies in the industry. Too many to list but check our work on the website …we’ll be expecting a POV on that when we meet you.
- The opportunity to work with a great team who are exceptionally creatively driven, honest, straightforward (and fun!)
- Flexi-hours. This is targets driven not clock watching.
- Potential equity share for the right candidate. We’re ideally looking for a long term hire.
So if this floats your rubber dinghy, get in touch with a covering letter, CV or anything else you think will convince me of your marvelousness here: email@example.com.