Interested in contributing to the documentary but need a breakdown on how to become a Spielberg in your own home? You’ve come to the right place.
Here is a bite-sized video going through the essentials to becoming a home filming maestro
Tips and tricks for channeling your inner Kubrick
- Keep the tone light, but answer as thoughtfully as you can.
- Use your phone camera, but please film in landscape, and if you can mount it at eye level so you can remain eye contact.
- Turn the house lights on, we want to be able to see you.
- Try and position yourself to be in the centre of the frame.
- Desk lamps can be your friend in illuminating you face but make sure you don’t overexpose the image
- If you have a professional microphone, please use it. If not, don’t worry smartphone microphones will do just great!
- Make sure that there is little or no background noise, i.e wait to put on that load of washing till after the shoot.
- If you have any cats or dogs spending lockdown with you, our furry friends are more than welcome to make an appearance.
Please send the footage via Google Drive / WeTransfer / Carrier Pigeon to ensure we have the highest quality footage possible to email@example.com, with your name and contact details.
Need some inspiration? Here are three films to stimulate your creativity!
Urgent Messages from Italians in Coronavirus Quarantine
TIME: Angelina Jolie Discusses How Coronavirus Is Harming Children Across The World
The (Independent) Spirit of Bristol