This statement details how Rubber Republic will process, store and handle your personal information to comply with the law.
Rubber Republic needs to gather and use certain information about individuals.
The information we gather can include employees, freelancers, crew, suppliers, business contacts, partners and our clients/customers.
- We will only ask for your personal information when we need it for company operational use.
- We will only ever share your personal information for the purposes of operating our services only where you have consented. Any sharing of information must comply with the law.
Data Protection Act
The Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA) and the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (GDPR) describes how organisations must collect, handle and store personal information. This applies to all data stored electronically or on paper. Rubber Republic is the data controller of your personal information.
Rubber Republic only collects basic personal data, however, this data does include name, address, email etc.
We need basic personal data for employment, legal, financial and operational reasons. We will never collect any information that we do not need.
All personal data we collect can only be processed and accessed by Rubber Republic employees. No third parties have access to your personal data.
We are required by UK tax laws to keep your basic personal data for a minimum of six years. This includes; name, address, contact details including telephone number and email address. Personal data for mailing list purposes will only be stored until you notify us that you no longer wish to receive communication from us.
Rubber Republic will never pass on your personal data to any third party companies without first obtaining your consent.
Where Data Is Stored
Your personal data may be transferred to and stored at a destination outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). It may also be processed by staff operating outside of the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers (e.g – on a film shoot outside of the EEA). By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing and processing. We will take all steps necessary to ensure that your personal data is treated securely.
- Your email data is stored in our internal system in Bristol.
- We use your email address so that we can update you on our activities with our ‘Rubber Bullet’ newsletter.
- We will only keep your data stored if you choose to positively opt-in and choose to continue receiving emails and newsletters from us.
- You always have the option to unsubscribe from our newsletter by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the ‘Rubber Bullet’ newsletter.
Our website contains links to other websites including our partners and people that we have previously worked with. If you follow a link to another website, please be aware that these websites have their own privacy policies and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check their policies before submitting any personal data to these websites.
You have the right to contact us about the processing of your personal information.
Changes To Our Policy